Mrs. Proctor-Dunn - 8th Grade Counselor
Ms. Carroll - 7th Grade Counselor
Ms. Taylor - 6th Grade Counselor & Director
Mrs. Wessolleck - Counseling Secretary/Registrar
Mr. Hughes - School Counseling Intern
Supporting and Encouraging Student Success
The School Counseling Office is an integral part of the support system
that students need to become well rounded adults. In a collaborative effort
between home and school, students will receive personal/social, academic, and
career development through the delivery of guidance and counseling activities
within a safe and welcoming environment.
Our goal is to motivate and inspire all students to thrive and learn
that they have a purpose in life that only needs to be discovered. Given the
appropriate support and resources students learn to understand themselves, make
responsible decisions, develop coping skills, and respect others as they work
towards becoming lifelong learners and successful 21st century
The counselors at Lake Ridge Middle School believe:
- All students can learn and should be supported academically.
- Learning requires the active participation, mutual respect, and individual accountability of students, teachers, staff, parents, and the community.
- Learning is a lifelong process.
The school counseling program should:
- Be planned and coordinated using specific goals and developmental student competencies that address the needs of all students.
- Ensure that all students have equal access to a comprehensive school counseling program.
- Use data to drive program development and will use this data to analyze and improve the program on an annual basis.
- Base classroom lessons and activities on the Prince William County Guidance Curriculum which incorporates the personal, social, academic and career domains and will include activities that address closing the achievement gap.
All school counselors at Lake Ridge Middle School will:
- Adhere to ethical standards as advocated by the American School Counselor Association.
- Advocate for student needs and future success in a variety of settings.
- Continually assess their individual activities & programs to ensure the goals of the school and the goals of the school counseling program are being met.
- Collaborate with families, teachers, & staff to assist with student’s developmental needs.
- Participate in professional development activities
An appointment is required to register students. In order to register your child/children for school you need to have very specific documents and information. Please visit the VDOE's Enrollment in Virginia Public Schools page for more information and to ensure a quick and smooth registration appointment.